- An Underutilized Approach to Minimize Cheating
- Selective Publishing – False Positives: Fraud and Misconduct are Threatening Scientific Research
- Cheating In College Is Widespread — But Why?
- Anderman and Murdock. (2006). Psychology of Academic Cheating.
- Ariely. (2012). The (Honest) Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone—Especially Ourselves.
- Bertram Gallant. (2010). Creating the Ethical Academy: A Systems Approach to Understanding Misconduct and Empowering Change.
- Davis, Drinan, and Bertram Gallant. (2009). Cheating in School: What We Know and What We Can Do. – Available to borrow from the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards.
- Lang. (2013). Cheating Lessons: Learning from Academic Dishonesty. – Available to borrow from the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards.
- McCabe, Butterfield, and Treviño. (2012). Cheating in College: Why Students Do It and What Educators Can Do about It. – Available to borrow from the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards.
- Twomey, White, and Sagendorf. (2009). Pedagogy not Policing: Positive Approaches to Academic Integrity at the University. – Available to borrow from the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards.
- Turnitin is an academic integrity tool that is integrated with Canvas at UW-Madison. Instructors can enable TurnItIn on assignments to quickly get feedback on whether and how student submissions match a comparison set of materials.
Compilation of videos related to academic misconduct.
- A student’s personal story about being offered the option to cheat.
- Academic Integrity Discussion Starter (Humorous University of Alberta video on claiming others work as your own.)
- How to Cheat on an Exam/Test (Actually Works!)
- International Student Services: Academic Integrity
- Ted Talk: Our Buggy Moral Code
- Cape Fear Community College features a longer video (7 1/2 minutes) that shows different forms of plagiarism
- Writing Across the Curriculum at UW-Madison
- Design writing assignments that discourage plagiarism MIT Comparative Media Studies/Writing
- Examples of different types of plagiarism Bowdoin College – Office of the Dean of Student Affairs
- Purdue’s Online Writing Lab has extensive citation resources
- UW-Madison’s Writing Center