Understanding what you are responsible for as a student is the first step to avoiding academic misconduct. There are many resources on campus and online that can help you make sure you are acting with academic integrity.
Your Best Resource
Your instructors! If you aren’t sure if what you’re doing is academic misconduct, ask your instructor. He or she will be able to tell you if things, like collaborating on an assignment or looking at an old test, are OK or not. Your instructor will appreciate that you asked instead of doing it and hoping it would all work out.
- UWS Chapter 14 Policies
- UW Madison Campus Procedures
- Greater University Tutoring Service
- Writing Center
- UW Libraries
- International Student Services
- Academic Integrity video specifically for international students
- McBurney Disability Resource Center
- Research Ethics for students involved in university research